Re: [FWP] Re: Golf Shell

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 02:05:15PM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:
> Randal Schwartz wrote:
> >         perl -debug
>
> This reminds me of the practice of re-arranging option letters to
> make words -- such as PGP where 'seat' becomes 'steam' (not 'seatm',
> etc.) when you add the -m option. Or regex modifiers à la /eieio or
> /excess.

My personal favourites are:

    tar fvcM (pronounce that v as a u ... :) )

    du -cks

I have a Perl script which provides growth/shrinkage % diffs given two
outputs of 'du -cks' ... it's called "ducks.pl".

Tom

--
--   Tom Rathborne     tomr@aceldama.com     http://www.aceldama.com/~tomr/
--  "We promise according to our hopes, and perform according to our fears."