Re: [FWP] Quine, ontology, and Perl

Title: Re: [FWP] Quine, ontology, and Perl

Adam Sampson wrote:
> And another two by bribing a domain registrar:
>
> perl -e'die`nc uk 8`'

Don't need that -- set up a machine in your local domain called 'q' (for example); AFAIK most implementations of gethostbyname() try to look first in the local domain before treating it as an absolute name. Then you can use `nc q 8`.

> (At least, I assume this is possible. There certainly are
> people around with username@tld addresses...)

Yes, but there's a difference (I assume) in what can have an MX record and what can have an A record.

I believe there are, specifically, people@cx (who work for the Christmas Islands NIC). But I don't think "cx" has an A record. <clickety-click> wait-- they do! Sneaky people.

        Name:    cx
        Address:  195.224.98.195

Cheers,