Re: [FWP] Iternating over multiple lists

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 04:47:05PM -0500, David L. Nicol wrote:
> Adam Sampson wrote:

> I'm missing something.  What is this supposed to return
> that
>
> map {BLOCK} (list1, list2, list3, list4)
>

> or even, if they're all list references,
>
> map {[map {BLOCK} @$_]} (list1, list2, list3, list4)
>

> doesn't?

Those both operate on a single element from a single list at a time.  The
proposed "multi map" would operate on a single element from *each list* at
a time.  If you had four lists, BLOCK would get four elements at once.

Ronald

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_