Re: [MacPerl] EditText question

Richard Christensen <richard@crl.com> writes:
>This all makes sense.  The only problem I have is that I wasn't using a
>Dialog box. I was using MacWindow versus a dialog box.  I really don't
>want the window to go away after the "OK" step so I thought that a normal
>window would be better.

That is, in itself, not a very conclusive criterium for choosing between
dialogs and nondialogs. In general, I'd use dialogs for things that behave like
fill-in forms, and nondialogs for other things. Currently, MacPerl supports
nondialogs a bit better than dialogs as soon as you have nontrivial user items.

>I guess I could pop up a dialog box just for the
>entry, but I would prefer to use one window.  Is there any way to enter
>editable text into a normal window?  Or is this just not a Mac thing to do?

Yes you can do that. Use the Mac::TextEdit module in recent releases of
MacPerl. (editText = dialogs; TextEdit = non-dialogs).

Matthias

   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground