Re: [MacPerl] Mac OS X / Carbon

At 11:27 AM -0700 5/13/98, Mark F. Murphy wrote:
>At 8:22 AM -0700 5/13/98, Chris Nandor wrote:
>>Just some semi-random WWDC thoughts (less random than those who have said
>>that Rhapsody is cancelled, of course).
>
>With POSIX under the hood of MacOS X, a full blown perl should be possible.
>Perl should be able to be a more equal peer as opposed to just an app
>environment as it is now.

Unix perl already runs on Rhapsody, always has.  It comes with the
developer release.  So the MacPerl app might eventually be obsoleted.  The
toolbox code might be run under Unix perl, and then there might be little
reason to continue with MacPerl even under Carbon.

But that is a long time away.  Many people will continue with Mac OS 7/8
for years to come.  We'll see what happens, anyway.

--Chris