Re: [MacPerl] Using UNIX style filenames with MacPerl

Greg Aiken writes:
|My angle on this is that MacPerl strayed from the concrete reference core Perl
|design.  Why change the directory delimiter from '/' to ':' anyway?

MacPerl didn't change this, the MacOS did. perl just passes paths through
to the underlying OS, so in Unix perl you get unix path semantics, and in
MacPerl you get Mac path semantics (and presumably in VMS and Windows perl
you get VMS and Windows path semantics, although I've never used VMS perl
and only used Windows perl a little).

I think this thread has run its course, so unless you have something
substantive and new, let's move any further discussion to private e-mail.

Brian