Re: [MacPerl] awwwwwww yeah

Charles Bouldin <charles.bouldin@nist.gov> writes:
>I am a complete Perl novice (anxiously awaiting my copy of the Mac  Perl
>book), but I have a question for the experts on this list.
>
>Can you attach a MacPerl script to a Hypercard button?

Short answer: I think so, but not quite in an optimal way.

It should be possible to attach an AppleScript stating

tell application "MacPerl" to do script file "xyzzy"

or

tell application "MacPerl" to do script "print 'hello world'"

Unfortunately, the MacPerl/OSA project went nowhere, so it is not possible
to attach MacPerl scripts directly.

Matthias

   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground