Re: [MacPerl] Mac::AppleEvents::Simple feedback

Sometime around 5/22/98 3:41 PM, Chris Nandor wrote something about:

>Eventually, I would like to have some sort of matching of AppleScript-style
>keywords to Apple Events.  So instead of:
>
>  $obj = 'obj{want:type(cobj), from:null(), form:enum(name), seld:TEXT(@)}';
>  do_event(qw/aevt odoc MACS/, "'----': $obj, usin: $obj", $file, $app");
>
>I could do something like:
>
>  do_event(qw/aevt odoc MACS/, $file, {using=>$app});
>
>Somehow the function would have to know what kind of object to make it
>into, and it would have to do the aete table translation.  But this kind of
>thing (syntax subject to change!) is the goal.  We shouldn't have to know
>that 'using' becomes 'usin', or that our file is of type(cobj).

     I haven't yet used what you posted, but did drop a copy into my
additional libs folder for MacPerl... will give it a go this weekend
maybe... I like the ideas presented here though... seems like it could
really open up AEs for a lot of people who are dying to get more from
their Mac and MacPerl but may be daunted by Mac::AppleEvents

     oh what would we do without ya Chris?  ;-) well over half of my Mac
specific production-level scripts use one or more of your modules to help
them do their thing... thanx (just in case no one told ya lately that ya
do good things   ;-) can't wait til my MP P & E gets here, been making
heavy use of the online version...

thanx again,