Re: [MacPerl] awww Shucks

Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:

> sean@misinc.net writes:
> >That way, the script not only /contains/ its own documentation, but
> >it'll also fling it at the user as needed.  So, toward that end, I
> >started fiddling with code for a script to open itself in Shuck:
>
> Cool idea!
>[...]
> >Alternative 1: For some enterprising person who knows more about these
> >things than me to make Shuck look for POD in TEXT resource #128 when
> >fed a droplet (or, in fact, a CGI or runtime, since those too have
> >their code in TEXT #128).
> >In fact, I'm guessing only Murr can do this.
>
> Right. I like the idea, so I'll do it.

OK, excellent.  Just say when the new Shuck is out (with, hey, my
new icons in it), and I'll post the code (in the form of a trivial
.pm) for scripts to easily self-document.

In fact, I was already working up the code to the .pm that would
implement Alternative 2, but was running into hassles with
resource access, which will be obviated once Shuck can read
droplets et al.

Thanks for the tips on $shuck = $Application{"\xb7uck"} and
-x $shuck.