Re: [MacPerl] Using UNIX style filenames with MacPerl

Gerald Young wrote:

> On 1998-05-14 00:26, Matthew Langford contributed:
> >How many people have folders named ".." or "."?

... <snip> ...
> I see no problem with "." or ".." for the 99.99%

.01% speaking up here...

:)

Norton-be-damned, I like to create aliases named '.' on occasion... (a
quick example: an alias to the apple menu items dir *in* the apple menu
items dir so that I can add/remove apple menu items readily).

I suppose I could use another name, and maybe I'm setting myself up for
Big Problems under some unforseen future circumstances, but it just
seemed like the most appropriate name for that sort of alias :)

-matt