Re: [MacPerl] Net FTP

>On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 10:28:32AM -0500, Chris Nandor wrote:
[stuff deleted]

[stuff deleted]

>If you turn on Net::FTP debugging, ($ftp = Net::FTP->new($host, Debug
>=>1)), almost certainly you'll find that it's failing with a
>"Connection reset by peer" error.  This seems to be a generic "the
>remote has dumped the connection for some unknown reason".
>
>}
[stuff deleted]

One thing you might want to do: on the remote unix box check
the log files (/var/log/syslog, /var/adm/messages) to see if
the ftp daemon is logging any errors.  Also, if you're not
using wuftpd, you might want to install that... it has a
lot of nice features, and extensive debugging and logging
capabilities.

Tom.

Tom Kimpton
--
Oz:  "So, do you guys steal weapons from the Army a lot?"
Willow:  "Well, we don't have cable, so we have to make our own fun."