[MacPerl] File ?'s

Hi all,

I'm totally new to Perl in general and MacPerl in particular, and was
wondering if someone here could point me in the right direction.

What I'd like to do is extract information (#channels, SampleRate, length)
from an audio file.  It seems that there probably is a way to do this through
the QuickTime extnensions, but I can't figure out the syntax of these things.

I wrote a script to extract all file names, types, and creators from a bunch
of files and write the info to a new file.  I'd like to be able to include
this info as well.

Please email me privately, as I'm not a member of this list.

TIA,
--
Jeremy Lee                     |   Owner-
Sound Designer/Technician      |   Madrone Ridge Sound Design

                 http://www.ashland.net/madrone